Happy New Year
In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs about December
21, when the sun is over the tropic of Capricorn.
It is the shortest day of the year.
On this day
we celebrate the beginning of the new solar year and the start of winter.
- We decorate our home with pine branches and pine cones, evergreens,flowers, dried plants - or whatever else we think is decorative for this
- We prepare a very special meal - lunch or dinner, including fruit, nuts
- We invite our neighbors and friends to join our banquet and for a chat.
- We listen to music and we can even dance to our favorite sounds.
- We can meditate and ponder over about our existence as human beings!
We do not perform any rituals or any traditional ceremony.
We just relax and enjoy this day and have fun.
Winter solstice is the shortest day of the year - and consequently
- we know that days will become longer from day to day.
Our objective is just to celebrate winter solstice and the beginning
of the new solar year.
We will give gifts and food to the less fortunate - and we also feed
the birds and other animals on this day.
Of course, we should not forget to do this all year
We should always remember to practice love and charity
to humankind - which we are also part of!
Have a great day!