"Eat less and exercise more."
There are, however, no magic remedies, despite what
one might read. Exercise is important in any weight-loss program because
it converts calories into heat or mechanical energy; the more one exercises,
the more calories are burned. If one exercises infrequently, metabolism
slows down, fewer calories are burned, and more are converted into fat
and stored (potbelly).
- Keep away from diet pills - they are very harmful to your body.
- Reduce calorie and fat intake (especially animal fat (butter)and oil
that contains cholesterol), better use olive oil (or any polyunsaturated
- Exercise regularly (at least one hour daily - walking, bicycling or
- Keep your sugar and cookie-containers locked.
- Do not eat any chocolate, ice cream, cake or candies.
- Do not drink alcohol, liquor or beer (they are high in calories).
- Do not eat hamburgers, sausages and other junk food.
- Choose food, which is labeled low in fat, low in calories or non-fat.
- Make homemade fruit juices (no sugar added).
- Cook your meals at home because this is the only way you know what you
The following foodstuffs should be included
in a healthy
Eat fresh vegetables every day: Spinach,
chives and garlic, scallion and leek, red beet, tomatoes and onions, red
or white cabbage, celery and carrots, bean sprouts (fresh), broccoli and
green peas, fennel and cauliflower, potatoes and squash, turnip and cucumbers,
artichokes, Brussels sprouts and red or yellow peppers.
Tofu or bean curd, sesame oil (sparingly), honey (sparingly), mushrooms
(fresh), ginger root (fresh), salt & pepper (sparingly), red chilies
(fresh or dried), mixed herbs (fresh or dried), parsley (fresh), sage (fresh),
nettles (fresh in soups).
Eat fresh fruit every day: apples, pears,
plums, peaches, grapes, lemons, oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, wild
berries, pineapples, papayas, bananas, cherries, lychees, mangoes, guavas,
gooseberries, figs, melons, and strawberries.
Do not use processed foods or drinks, make your own juice from fresh
fruit (no sugar added). Use whole-wheat bread and other whole-grains, breakfast
cereals without sugar and oats. Whole-wheat noodles, spaghetti (pasta)
and fresh cottage.
In case you are not a vegetarian; eat a moderate amount of broiled
or roasted meat, poultry, fish, and lean meat (white meat is healthier
than red meat).
The benefits of exercising daily and consuming a controlled
Burning off fat and building up muscles and a strong
and pleasing body.
Have several nice days!